1. Living with no humidity is better.
2. Uncertainty is why we need leaders. This was such an awesome talk by Andy Stanley. He says that a leader is not required to be certain about everything. As we’ve seen over the past year in the economy, no one knows for certain what the best next step should be. In uncertain times though, the leader should always fall back on the original vision-that one thing that God called you to do. The leader has to be clear. People will follow a leader who is clear about the vision even if the circumstances are uncertain. Powerful!
3. Andy also said something that blew me away. He said he prays every single day for God to give him wisdom and direction for his life. Now, maybe I’m not as spiritual as you, but here is a guy who is doing amazing things for God and is being used to influence tens of thousands of people and he still prays that God would show him what to do! That was sobering and humbling.
4. Guy Kawasaki got permission to say “crappy” and “suck” before his talk. His talk was neither. Great thought from Guy, if you create something great, you will gain lovers and haters. That’s just reality.
5. Jud Whilhite spoke on the true image of ourselves. When you look in the mirror do you see you the way God does or the way your memory does? A stong case from Scripture reveals that God sees us differently that we often see ourselves. How many people are not doing great things because they see themselves in the wrong light?
6. The biggest question that was burning through my heart was this: “Would I rather be used by God or to be known?”